Setup Step 1: Adding a Discount Group
Here we'll create a simple discount group to get the ball rolling. In this example we want to offer a 30% discount across all of our products for customers tagged Wholesale.
1. Set the Discount Type
- Set the Discount Type to Wholesale. You could also use any other term you like such as VIP or Gold. Please note that these are case sensitive.
- Enter the percentage discount you would like to apply. Example: A 30% discount means a customer would pay $70 for a product that would regularly cost $100.
2. Set the products that will be discounted with this discount group.
Choose from the following:
- Select the discount to be applied across the entire store
- Select specific collections
- Select specific products
3. Optional settings (Not Required)
You can optionally set minimum requirements needed before a discount can be applied.
- Set minimum quantities required for the discount to be activated
- Set minimum cart total required for the discount to be activated
- Set volume discounts if a customer spends a certain amount of money on an order.
A more breakdown of these options can be found here.
We're almost done! Let's move onto the last step!